[MPlayer-users] How To: best way to rescale

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Mon Feb 22 21:09:31 CET 2010

Am 22.02.2010, 19:51 Uhr, schrieb Ken Bass <daytooner at gmail.com>:

> I need to rescale several videos. What is the best way to do that without
> recoding the entire video, but maintaining quality?

There is no way to rescale a video without recoding. At least science has
not found one yet.

Some video formats allow to set an aspect ratio in the header, and you can
rely on the player software to scale to that aspect ratio when playing
back.

Another question would be, why would you want to rescale a video without
recoding? When you're not recoding, the file size stays the same. Scaling
up is useless in most cases. So you're probably scaling down, loosing
quality, and keeping the file size. Makes no sense to me at all, sorry.

Greets,
Kiste