[MPlayer-users] Poor A/V with various deinterlace filters on interlaced but not telecined content

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 06:19:46 CET 2010

On 20 Feb 2010, at 22:56, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> The reason I am transcoding and deinterlacing is I am trying to put
> the content in an MP4 container that can be streamed to (or played
> on) a Sony PS3. There is no way to stream the subtitle track to the
> PS3 from a DVD; it needs to be baked into the video. (A PS3 also
> cannot play a VIDEO_TS folder other than as individual VOB files,
> rather than a DVD structure).

Is it just this disk?

I currently use the undvd wrapper script for mplayer / mencoder,
converting to .mp4 and all the results so far (22 disks ripped &
tested) have played just fine on the PS3.

Suggest you try undvd & try its results. If you don't like the
script's options or defaults, at least you can look at the log files
it leaves behind to see what it does.

Stroller.