[MPlayer-users] [wxPython-users] Re: how to embed a mplayer vidio play window into wxpython

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Thu Feb 18 11:37:22 CET 2010

Oliver Seitz wrote:

>>> If I remove "-fixed-vo" from my list of arguments, then I end up
>>> with black screen when my video finishes instead of the final frame
>>> showing.
>>>
>> The final frame showing is neither an intended nor a supported feature I
>> fear.
>> Hm. Maybe it could be made one though.
>>

> I would welcome such a feature.
>
> Greets,
> Kiste

Yes, so would I. Until then, can you suggest a 'reliable' way to pause
mplayer when it gets to the final frame? The control of my program
depends upon parsing the output from stdout through a pipe. Perhaps by
using a timer and knowing the movie length I could achieve what I want?
I'll keep trying...

Best regards,
Tim