[MPlayer-users] wma voice available from libavcodec?

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:05:34 CET 2010

Hi,

It was a great day when the wma voice decoder became available to
libavcodec! Are here any thoughts about adding this support to the svn
MPlayer? My own temporary alterations to codecs.conf certainly
revealed a working decoder with this file:

http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/WMSP/streaming_CBR-7K.wma

+---------
andrew at skamandros~/samples$ mplayer -afm ffmpeg streaming_CBR-7K.wma
MPlayer SVN-r30614-4.3.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
145 audio & 334 video codecs

Playing streaming_CBR-7K.wma.
ASF file format detected.
[asfheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
Clip info:
 title: tyu
 author: yuty
 copyright: yu
 comments: ctyjtyj
Trying to force audio codec driver family ffmpeg...
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
[wmavoice @ 0x8f7d6f0]APF not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version
to the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that
your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
AUDIO: 8000 Hz, 1 ch, floatle, 4.0 kbit/1.56% (ratio: 500->32000)
Selected audio codec: [ffwmavoice] afm: ffmpeg (Windows Media Audio 9
Voice)
AO: [oss] 8000Hz 1ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...
A:  19.8 (19.8) of 16.5 (16.4)  0.1%

Exiting... (End of file)

although I do not understand the significance of the 'APF' warning...

Thanks for your trouble,

Andrew

--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?