[MPlayer-users] Question about MPlayer, Theora and YCbCr444 format

Giorgio mywing81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:15:17 CET 2010

2010/2/9 Giorgio <mywing81 at gmail.com>:
>>> 4) 444     COLOR  NO
>>
>> Did you compare mplayer's output with  player_example_theora?
>
> Oh right, I should have thought that. I tried it just now, and both
> player_example_theora and mplayer play the 444-file the same way, that
> is showing correct Y component but wrong colors. So I'll conclude that
> mplayer works and there is something wrong in my program :)

Yesterday I asked for help on #theora, and the nice folks there told
me to try player_example from libtheora-svn, because player_example in
libtheora-1.1.1 doesn't work with 4:4:4 files. I tried it, and my
files were played correctly (so my program was okay, if anyone is
interested in the source code, here it is:
http://mywing.altervista.org/linux/theora444.tgz ).
Sadly, this means that MPlayer svn can't play Theora 4:4:4 files
correctly. Since Theora is free software and in my opinion is
important to use open standars, it would be nice if MPlayer supported
this feature. Thank you.

Giorgio Vazzana