[MPlayer-users] CrystalHD support in MPlayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 9 22:28:44 CET 2010

Jaroslaw Zachwieja <grok <at> warwick.ac.uk> writes:

> >> Apologies for sounding like a luddite, but can you tell me why would
> >> it be more beneficial adding it to FFmpeg? Does that code
> >> automagically trickle down to mplayer/mencoder?

Exactly: FFmpeg's libavcodec is an integral part of MPlayer, so every commit to
that part of FFmpeg automatically appears in MPlayer's svn source, There is
usually just a small change in etc/codecs.conf needed to use the new feature.

> I understand that further conversations on the topic should move to
> MPlayer-dev.

Actually to ffmpeg-devel

I suggest to read http://ffmpeg.org/developer.html and you should subscribe to
get used to the reviewing process that is often considered hard for new
contributors.

Carl Eugen