[MPlayer-users] [TEST-REQUEST] gnome

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 20:03:00 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 04:51:28PM +0100, Oliver Seitz wrote:
> And the transparent bars are due to the aspect of the video, which seems
> to be scaled from 720x576 to 768x576. -vo x11 can't scale, but the window
> is drawn to acommodate the scaled video, which then does not fill the
> window.

x11 specifically draws black on those borders, and it works for me with
Ubuntu 9.10, with visual effects disabled.
No idea what is going wrong in your case, I know I have seen that problem
myself on other machines, but I never figured out what causes it.
Does moving or resizing the window change anything?