[MPlayer-users] [TEST-REQUEST] let window manager do placing by default

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 19:03:52 CET 2010

On 02.02.2010 23:14, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> I could need a lot of people to do some intensive testing with lots
> of different window managers. I hope at least some of you will
> volunteer.

Since r30493 the patch is slightly bitrotted.

> Things to test:
> - without any special options, your window manager should place the
>   MPlayer window

Verified for compiz and metacity.

> - with -geometry 50%:50% behaviour should be _exactly_ identical to without
>   the patch and no options

Verified.

> - -vo gl, -vo x11, -vo xv, -vo sdl and whatever else you can test
>   should all behave in the same way.

If it matters: depending on the position on the gnome-terminal window,
-vo gl, -vo x11 and -vo xv place the MPlayer window differently. Mostly
two of them behave the same and the random third one does his own thing.
Tested both with compiz and metacity.

--
Regards

Ilja