[MPlayer-users] I can not run -endpos parameter with Wmv files correctly.

actr.d liste at karzarar.com
Wed Feb 3 16:43:47 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul TT" <mplayer at paultt.org>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] I can not run -endpos parameter with Wmv files
correctly.

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:43:11 +0200
> "actr.d" <liste at karzarar.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I play lots of files in a one mplayer process via slave mode
>>
>> I use command line like this format  "mplayer { file1.avi -loop 2
>> file2.avi file3.wmv file4.mpeg } -loop 3" various format of videos in
>> command line.
>>
>> I can not run -endpos 00:00:10 parameter with Wmv files correctly.
>>
>> Avi or mpeg files nearly play during 10 sec.
>>
>> But Wmv files play always less then 10 sec. and Wmv files take
>> unpredictable time.
>>
>> Any idea :)
>
> can you send me a piece of one of the wmv -if you can- files (even the
> first 4/5 mb...)?
> anyway, wmv is the worst type of media file i've ever seen, if you
> can, don't use it ;P

I tried sample videos at this microsoft site becuse of
maybe  our videos have problems.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

Although I set 10 sec (-endpos 00:00:10) , mostly they play one or two sec.
avi and mpeg files seem nearly play correct time.