[MPlayer-users] MKV demuxing problems on some files with lavf

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 31 15:55:30 CET 2010

Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin <at> VM10124.spb.edu> writes:

> > > An example of problem, with -demuxer lavf I get
> >
> > What do you get without -demuxer lavf?
> > (Please provide complete, uncut output if you still see problems, fall-back
>
> Um, same thing as with -demuxer lavf as lavf is demuxer by default.
> Here full output of mplayer -v till the first subtitle line which shows
> that font doesn't load.

As said it works for me with a 32 stream (video+audio) file, because after "Too
many streams", it tries other demuxers:
[matroska,webm @ 0x16b8a20] Too many streams
LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
Checking for YUV4MPEG2
ASF_check: not ASF guid!
Checking for REAL
Checking for SMJPEG
[mkv] Found the head...

Could you try with a file with too many audio streams (instead of subtitles) or
make your sample available so we can try to reproduce the problem?

> Also note ffmpeg -i output in the end of mail which shows problem even
> better than mplayer -v.

The FFmpeg problem is known, see issue963.

Carl Eugen