[MPlayer-users] MKV demuxing problems on some files with lavf

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 31 11:25:03 CET 2010

Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin <at> VM10124.spb.edu> writes:

> Since "mkv" demuxer is free from this limitation, maybe mplayer should
> use it by default so there are less strange problems around?..

lavf demuxers are actively maintained, so if they aren't completely broken (as I
believe it is the case for rm and partly ts), they should be used.

> An example of problem, with -demuxer lavf I get

What do you get without -demuxer lavf?
(Please provide complete, uncut output if you still see problems, fall-back
works fine for me with a 32 stream mkv file.)

Carl Eugen