[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT: compiling MPlayer with dvdnav support on Windows

John Brown johnbrown_105 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 03:55:46 CET 2010

Hello All,

I am experiencing various problems with adding dvdnav support to MPlayer.

I followed the instructions in DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt. I have:

- libdvdread r1219 (Sat, 11 Sep 2010)
- libdvdnav r1219 (Sun, 21 Nov 2010)

These were successfully compiled as static libraries and installed:
$ pkg-config --list-all | grep dvd
dvdread          libdvdread - Low level DVD access library
dvdnav           libdvdnav - DVD Navigation library
dvdnavmini       libdvdnavmini - DVD Navigation mini library

By the way, since libdvdnavmini depends on libdvdread, pkg-config should say so
like this:

$ pkg-config --libs dvdnavmini
-Lc:/mingw/local/lib -ldvdnav -ldvdread

but it did not. I manually added -ldvdread to dvdnavmini.pc.

Problems:
=======
1) libdvdread was not included in the link command to produce mplayer.exe.
Quick fix - I edited config.mak.
Permanent fix - I edited dvdnavmini.pc as described above.

2) The link command failed with undefined references _dvd_set_speed, dvd_speed,
dvd_angle, etc.

Quick fix - I added stream/stream_dvd_common.c and stream/stream_dvd.c
to the Makefile like this:

SRCS_COMMON-$(DVDNAV)                += stream/stream_dvdnav.c \
                                        stream/stream_dvd_common.c \
                                        stream/stream_dvd.c

I don't know if this was legitimate or not, but it linked.

3) dvd:// and dvdnav:// are not recognised by mplayer.

$ ./mplayer.exe -vo gl2 -dvd-device /d/Downloads/riding.iso dvd://
MPlayer was compiled without libdvdread support.
MPlayer SVN-r32736-4.5.0 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

$ ./mplayer.exe -vo gl2 -dvd-device /d/Downloads/riding.iso dvdnav://
MPlayer was compiled without libdvdread support.
MPlayer SVN-r32736-4.5.0 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

System
======

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53, 4 GB RAM, Windows Vista SP2

gcc-4.5.0 (MinGW)

MPlayer r32736 (Thu, 30 Dec 2010)

Configure command line:

./configure --disable-dvdread-internal --enable-static --prefix=c:/mingw/local
--extra-cflags='-DPTW32_STATIC_LIB -DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC -DLIBCACA_STATIC
-DFRIBIDI_STATIC -Ic:/mingw/local/include -I/mingw/local/include/dx7'
--extra-ldflags='-static -Lc:/mingw/local/lib'
--extra-libs='-Lc:/mingw/local/lib -ljpeg -lws2_32'
--disable-pthreads --enable-w32threads

I have uploaded config.h, config.mak and config.log in
johnbrown105-config.tar.gz
to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.