[MPlayer-users] Strange timecode behavior with FLAC files

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Thu Dec 9 08:40:04 CET 2010

On 08.12.2010 23:57, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 10:32:27PM +0100, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> MPlayer doesn't crash, but, as feared, it floods stderr permanently
>> with messages like
>>
>> [NULL @ 0x8a1d3c0]sample/frame number mismatch in adjacent frames
>>
>> when playing flac audio.
>
> I think that is something wrong in FFmpeg, I asked them about it.

<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2010-December/101613.html>

Thank you. There is another but maybe related issue: the new parser
makes the CPU load for mplayer go high (up to 76% on my hardware) for
one minute when playing flac files. Then the CPU load drops sharply to
2% and stays low.

>> The timecode is totally wrong now, reaching values around 30.0
>> within 5 seconds and going far beyond the total duration of the
>> audio file.
>
> Should be fixed in 32678, the demuxer produced nonsense values. This
> is probably what caused the issue in the first place and the parser
> probably didn't change much for that issue specifically.

Yes, thanks, the timecode is correct now.

--
Regards

Ilja