[MPlayer-users] mplayer compile fail

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Aug 25 15:21:06 CEST 2010

L'octidi 8 fructidor, an CCXVIII, xxx xxx a écrit :
> I unpacked the contents and performed ./configure. That seemed to work
> without any errors. I then typed make which stopped at an error 1. The lines
> printed before that showed a few parse errors, mostly before ')'. I could

That seems strange. Either there is a problem that I do not understand, or
you have development files missing that would have seriously crippled your
build of MPlayer.

Could you re-run configure and copy-paste (or attach) its output?

> try and look for some syntax errors, but my c++ knowledge is very limited.

Nitpick: MPlayer is in C, not c++.

> If not, what is subassconverter and how would I go about disabling it?

I do not know where you found this compound word. ASS subtitles are an
enhanced system to render subtitles, with text effects and so. But it
requires somewhat more libraries and power, and is therefore optional.

You should not disable it. Quite the contrary, in fact: two days ago I broke
the possibility to build MPlayer without it. I am about to fix it, though.

My hypothesis is that you are missing libraries necessary for ASS subtitles.
Looking at the output of configure should confirm it.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George