[MPlayer-users] mplayer not playing sound

Erik Post ejjpost at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:55:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

can someone help me solving a problem?
With my old version of mplayer, I tried to play an mkv file. Display was
choppy and stopped then and and again.
I've installed a new version of mplayer followin various instructions on the
net, resulting in having the file played smoothly, but without sound.
Following various instructions again, I've tried several codecs, none of
which seem to work.

Can someone help me one on one getting this to work? I'm a total linux
newbie, and don't know how to resolve this problem.

cheers,

Erik

Denk aan het milieu, print deze mail niet uit, maar bewaar hem online.