[MPlayer-users] VDPAU with movies not supported with the vdpau codec variants (like ffodivxvdpau instead of ffodivx)

Mathieu SCHROETER mathieu.schroeter at gamesover.ch
Tue Apr 27 20:21:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

About VDPAU, there is something boring.

When mplayer is used in this way:

$ mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffodivxvdpau, foobar.avi

If the movie is supported by ffodivxvdpau, all is fine.
If the movie is not related to the divx codec, all is fine. An
other codec is used.

But, if the movie is a divx but not supported by ffodivxvdpau,
and this movie works well with ffodivx.. then MPlayer fails
with ffodivxvdpau without fallback on ffodivx.

I don't know if something can be made. Or if we must live
with this behaviour?!

Regards,
--
Mathieu SCHROETER