[MPlayer-users] Forcing other framerates

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 19:28:00 CEST 2010

Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org> [10-04-26 19:04]:
> On 4/26/2010 10:59 AM, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:

> >>LCD has a refresh rate! It refreshes the picture from top to bottom,
> >>just the "memory effect" of the screen is much bigger than on CRT.
> >>The
> >>LCD is effectively a visible dynamic memory (DRAM).
> >>
> >   That means...?
> >   Displaying Image contents with a rate of 25Hz to a technology
> >   drawing every 1/60 second a picture...gives...?

> >>That is a missing vertical synchronization - what -vo are you using?
> >>On
> >>what video card and which drivers? Usually on dualhead the vsync is
> >>hard to get..
> >>
> >   Oh, oh...some mails ago I got a hint to disable all VSYNCs in the
> >   nvidia settings...
> >
> >   So...using -vo xv gives me the fastest (read: normal speed) video
> >   with audio and video in sync.
> >   Other drivers result in the message that my two core 3800+ AMD
> >   CPU is to slow....(?)
> >   My graühics card is ai
> >   nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GT] (rev a2) which run with
> >   the current nvidia drivers on a Linux box.
> >   I myself and my computer each uses only one head ;)
> >   Most of the time I use my own... ;) ;)
> >   I disabled AutoTwinDevice in the Xorg.conf as I did with
> >   TwindDevice (dont remember the correct names of that parameters,
> >but
> >   was something like that.).
> >
> >   Since 60Hz is common for LCD I am asking myself, whether I am the
> >   only one having problems with playing 25Hz/region 2 contents...?!
> >
> >   Since it also happens for example with the fight scene Neo<->Agent
> >   Smith in Matrix Revolutions (DVD, region 2) I think, it is not
> >   a bug in the video itsself....
> >
> >   I am a little (read: very) frustrated, since this monitor is new
> >   and I like its colors and features, but...
> >
> >   So any help to circumvent this problem is *very* appreciated! :O)
> >
> >   Have a flicker-free evening! :O))
> >   Best regards,
> >   mcc
> >
> >-------
> >
> Somewhere along this thread someone stated that the LCD is refreshed
> bottom to top. This is simply not true (suggest
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate). The actual 'flicker' is
> around 200Hz which I doubt comes into play in this case.
>
> Let me reiterate that I do what you are doing often and do not observe
> this symptom. Maybe it is some sort of interaction between graphics
> card and monitor?

  Ok, how can I proof this?
  Graphics card is a
  nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GT] (rev a2)
  LCD monitor is a
  HP LP2475w (which is internelly a LG-thingy according to the hidden
  service menu...
  Both connected via DVI with the original cables which came with the
  Monitor.
  1920x1600 only offers 60Hz. I really dont want to reduce the
  resolution because it was one main reason fpr a new monitor
  and running a LCD not at its native resolution impacts clearity
  of vision as far as I know...