[MPlayer-users] Any hope for seamless Blu-ray playback using .mpls playlist?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Apr 22 20:12:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 14:57 -0300, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:43:39 +0300
> Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
>
> > Is there a description of the overall format somewhere? If it's
> > basically splicing the playback together from multiple files then it
> > could be easy to add support using the same code as is used for Matroska
> > ordered chapters. I'd need some samples to test with though; I don't
> > currently have any such blu-ray files (and I assume files large enough
> > to test practical playlists would be pretty large).
>
> 	I uploaded a sample to incoming:
>
> bluray-playlist-up.tar.bz2
>
> 	It is from the "Up" movie. I hope it helps.

That's just the playlist part? (It's not readable yet due to slow
mplayerhq scripts, but I assume so from the size.) To properly test
whether seeking to the correct part in the actual videos works would
require at least some of the video content too. That's what I meant by
the size comment above - it'd probably be in the multi-megabyte/gigabyte
range.