[MPlayer-users] How to properly convert mp3 to dv?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Apr 20 09:17:45 CEST 2010

> I am trying to import an mp3 file into a kino (http://www.kinodv.org/)
> project. This program works only on dv files and converts everything
> into this format what it imports.
>
> When I try to do direct import, kino tries to the mp3 into a dv, I get
> this
> error message from mencoder:
>
>   Audio only file format detected.
>   Video stream is mandatory!
>
> I don't really need video here, I just want to add some background audio
> for this existing wedding video (which is already imported in kino).

You can try something like this:

# mencoder /dev/zero -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo qcif -ovc lavc -audiofile
Background_Music.mp3 -oac copy -frames 12345 -o Green_Video_With_Sound.avi

It will run (-frames 12345 / 25) = 493.8 seconds, adjust the number
according to the length of your audio file.

Greets,
Kiste