[MPlayer-users] New file format: call for developers

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 15 21:07:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 05:35:29AM -0700, Strem Tooyoo wrote:
> I would like MPlayer to support a proprietary video container format.
>
> Is there any developer available for the task? We have some money for it.
>
> Our container format is nothing but an encrypted version of an existing format, so what we really need is:
> - get the key
> - decrypt the file
> - pass it over to MPlayer for playback.

Sorry, but it's quite unclear what you actually need.
You need support for that "existing format"?
That's not going to work well that way with "pass it over to MPlayer",
streamed format are hard to handle and do not allow for seeking.
Also, MPlayer already supports encrypted MXF and ASF, see the -cryptokey option.
Lastly, format support nowadays is handled via FFmpeg/libavformat.