[MPlayer-users] X11 Issue with fork and execve of mplayer

Vijay Anand vijay.gunasekaran at mobax.com
Tue Apr 13 12:45:43 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 03:14:04PM +0530, Vijay Anand wrote:
>
>> Can anyone please let me know the solution for the above issue?
>>

> I'd suggest to try starting an xterm (or something even simpler)
> instead of MPlayer first, should be easier to debug.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Now I am able to execve a mplayer process but without the widget option
(-wid) in its own window. But with the -wid option it does'nt work.
I have added a gtksocket to the window and then execve the mplayer
process with the window id of the socket for the -wid option but still
mplayer gets started and could see its playing logs but the video window
does'nt show up. I looked up the gnome-mplayer code which looks fairly
similar approach but could not figure out what I am doing wrong.
Is there samples for mplayer widget embeding?