[MPlayer-users] X11 Issue with fork and execve of mplayer

Vijay Anand vijay.gunasekaran at mobax.com
Mon Apr 12 11:44:04 CEST 2010

Hello All,

   I forked a child process and execve the process with mplayer (have
not used command line /bin/sh or /bin/bash for execve). Now the mplayer
process is created and runs but it doesnot connect to the x11 display
and no output window is shown.
I tried using the -display option with localhost:0 but then it throws
the error as
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (localhost:0)!
The environment variables for the execve of the mplayer process are
SHELL=/bin/sh or  SHELL=/bin/bash HOME=/home/username and DISPLAY=:0.0
I have also tried setting xhost + and xhost +localhost for allowing all
client process to connect to x11 display but still it does'nt work.

Can anyone please let me know the solution for the above issue?

Regards,
Vijay.