[MPlayer-users] subtitle color?

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Sun Apr 11 23:46:31 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a movie with embedded subtitles (white color) but want to use different subtitles.

To have a stronger difference compared to the embedded subtitles I wanted to change the color of my subtitles from white to yellow.

But -sub-bg-color <0-255> changes only the shadow? Who needs that?

Then I wanted to hide the embedded subtitles by setting -subfont-outline to 255 but it is limited to max. 8.

I have googled and found this very question in posts dating back to 2006.

Is there any way how I can make my subtitles readable? A black box behind them would be better than this.

Dirk