[MPlayer-users] Mpeg4 TS support

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 02:46:39 CEST 2010

Hi There,

I have been using Mencoder for a while with a lot of pleasure. I found out
that Mplayer, FFMpeg and Mencoder are related. I use to record DVB MPEG2-TS
streams from Dreambox and convert them to Mpeg4 (h264) files, which works
excellent.
Now a days we get more and more Mpeg4 (h264) TS streams on the different
satellites in Europe. With Mplayer your are able to dump them on a HDD and
play them with VLC, but not with Mplayer. Due to this fact Mencoder can't
really recode them. You get video in slow motion and audio out of sync.
Is there any news on support of Mpeg4 TS streams in the near future. It
shouldn't be too hard as Mencoder almost manages to covert them.

Thanks in advance

Albert