[MPlayer-users] Digitizing VHS tapes with mencoder

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Wed Apr 7 21:18:18 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:55:38PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:

> I am about to digitize my VHS tapes. Since this are old family recordings, I'd
> like to have the best quality I can get.

Next problem is that I'd need to adjust brightness/contrast/etc/pp a little
bit. I see that there are options to adjust that while capturing. But since
this are old tapes (I don't want to stress them too much) and there are many
different recordings on each tape (some too bright, some too dark..) I'd
like to correct brightness/contrast/etc while encoding instead while
capturing.

Any suggestions?