[MPlayer-users] mplayer not compile on FreeBSD 8.0, do I need to specify 64 bit arguments?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:51:15 CEST 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> I have downloaded mplayer from svn and tried to compile on FreeBSD 8.0 and I get the following:
>
>  U   mplayer/libdvdnav
> Checked out external at revision 1191.
>
> Checked out revision 30960.
> n6355# ls
> mplayer
> n6355# cd mplayer/
> n6355# ./configure
> Checking for cc version ... 4.2.1
> Detected operating system: FreeBSD
> Detected host architecture: x86_64
> <snip>
> Do I need to specify 64 bit arguments?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Antonio

Add these arguments to configure:
./configure \
  --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
-DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS"
  --extra-libs="-L/usr/local/lib"

I also have some local modifications that may be necessary; see how
those go - the -DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS should fix the ASM issues though.

Cheers

Tom