[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN audio sync & high cpu usage with channels=6

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Thu Sep 24 23:03:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 22:20:08 +0200, Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Carl Eugen Hoyos
> <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj <at> terra.es> writes:
>>
>>> This is my first post here, if I do something wrong, please, kindly
let
>>> me
>>> know.
>>>
>>> I am a Gentoo user, have been using a 1.0_rc2_p20090731 snapshot until
>>> few days ago, when a new snapshot was added to portage:
>>> 1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1
>>
>> It would be great if you could test with svn (and not somebody else's
>> version).
>> svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/mplayer/trunk mplayer
>
> The gentoo ebuilds doesn't apply any patch as far as I know. It's all
code
> from upstream, I only included the gentoo version numbers because they
> match the upstream dates of the snapshots. I also tried the svn-ebuild.
> However, I will try compiling manually just to be sure that nothing on
the
> Gentoo side is interfering.

As I thought, it made no difference. I don't know if the problem is in
mplayer or anywhere else, all I know is that the snapshot from 20090731
works, and current does not.

>> You could try:
>> -demuxer lavf -channels 6

It takes oss by default, only music and sound no voices (probably it mess
up 5.1, that's why). Adding -ao alsa it works, but same problem than
before.

>> -channels 6 -ac -a52,

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2000.
Audio: no sound

>> -channels 6 -ao oss

Channels messed up with oss, no voices only music and effects, so I don't
know whether it syncs or not.

So, to sum up, same problem always with alsa. With oss I can't hear the
voices, only music and sounds, so I really don't know if they are sync'ed
or not. I did a pristine compilation, with svn co, ./configure, make,
nothing strange, no crazy CFLAGS or anything else.

--
Jesús Guerrero