[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN audio sync & high cpu usage with channels=6

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Sep 24 22:06:04 CEST 2009

Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj <at> terra.es> writes:

> This is my first post here, if I do something wrong, please, kindly let me
> know.
> I am a Gentoo user, have been using a 1.0_rc2_p20090731 snapshot until a
> few days ago, when a new snapshot was added to portage:
> 1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1

It would be great if you could test with svn (and not somebody else's version).
svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/mplayer/trunk mplayer

> Then the problem started, when I play a movie in only several seconds I
> can perceive a synchronization problem between the audio and the movie, and
> while it advances the sync gets worse and worse. Another collateral effect
> of this strange bug is that the cpu usage goes up to 60%. The same movie
> using 1.0_rc2_p20090731 plays without a problem, and the average cpu usage
> is always around 10%.

I can not reproduce this issue with 5.1 ac3 recordings (MPEG-TS).

> This happens with any video file (at least all I've tried), and it happens
> with the latest SVN snapshot that I've tried, from yesterday.
> Guided by someone at the Gentoo forum I moved out of scope my
> ~/.mplayer/config file, and after that, 1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1 works without
> a problem. The only line in that file is "channels=6". Without that I can
> play all the files ok, the only problem is that then I have no 5.1 sound. 

You could try:
-demuxer lavf -channels 6
-channels 6 -ac -a52,
-channels 6 -ao oss

Carl Eugen

More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list