[MPlayer-users] File format misdetected

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Sat Sep 19 23:26:45 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:54:51PM +0200, Reimar DDDffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 09:10:49PM +0200, Etienne Buira wrote:
> > I'm bitten by a similar problem, a workaround is specify '-demuxer
> > lavf'. But please consider uploading the dv file or an extract ; I'll
> > post to ask how / how much to upload.
>
> How much: as little as possible, but enough do that it still fails but plays fine
> with the right "-demuxer ..." or "-demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=..." option.
> How: ftp upload.mplayerhq.hu, upload to MPlayer/incoming. Choose a sensible name, if a name with
> the same file already exists uploading will fail (note there is no way to even list
> the files that are already there).

OK, uploading in progress, its size is 96MB, and interestingly enough,
with low sizes (4MB, 8MB for instance), it starts being primarily
detected as MPEG, and there is a complain about missing video stream,
and _fails back to lavf demuxer_. Also, from 16MB, it detects it as
MPEG-PS, and complaining about mising audio stream.
I've put the 96MB file because it's the smaller which shows the exact
error as the complete file.

Regards