[MPlayer-users] Pitch Shift in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 2 17:36:08 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 09:37:46AM -0400, Nan Null wrote:
> > I'd say it would be easier to just use the included scaletempo filter,
> > back when it was included it was far more usable than the LADSPA stuff,
> > those were either sounding horrible or by far to slow for realtime use.
> "back when it was included it "
>
> Do you mean it's not included by default anymore?

No I meant I last tried LADSP the last time around the time
af_scaletempo was added to MPlayer.

> I use LADSPA, and it doesn't sound very good.  If this scaletempo is
> better, I would definitely want to give it a shot.  Also, is there a
> way to change pitch during play (slave mode).  With the Ladspa and Tap
> plugin, I have to pass it in on the commandline.

No difference there I think. You could add it though, there is already a
AF_CONTROL_SCALETEMPO_AMOUNT, you'd just have to hack it into the
property system and use
> af_control_any_rev(mpctx->sh_audio->afilter, AF_CONTROL_SCALETEMPO_AMOUNT | AF_CONTROL_SET, &variable)
to set the current value and
> af_control_any_rev(mpctx->sh_audio->afilter, AF_CONTROL_SCALETEMPO_AMOUNT | AF_CONTROL_GET, &variable)
to get the current value.