[MPlayer-users] Offtopic: programming languages

Daniel Taylor dtaylor at vocalabs.com
Mon Oct 5 16:45:22 CEST 2009

Oliver Seitz wrote:
>> Oliver,
>> C is just a receipe
>> If you got the logic, you can write in any laguage with minimal learning !
>>

> There is some truth in that, of course. I write pascal and assembly
> programs without even thinking. But c does look unfamiliar to me, it's
> more getting used to the syntax than actually learning.

C does have some subtle variations from Pascal that caused me some long
nights getting projects done back in college. The biggest problem for me
was slight differences in library function behaviors.

At least with a project like mplayer you have working examples by the
score and it's just a matter of comprehension, rather than trying to get
it all going from scratch.

Here's hopes for speedy learning. ^^

--
Daniel Taylor             VP Operations       Vocal Laboratories, Inc
dtaylor at vocalabs.com                                 952-941-6580x203