[MPlayer-users] Problems compiling mplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Nov 30 00:44:45 CET 2009

Josep Figueras <jfigue17 <at> yahoo.es> writes:

> I'm trying to compile today's mplayer's subversion snapshot in Debian Lenny but
> I have two problems:
>
> 1) Configure doesn't detect ALSA

You have to look into configure.log, search for "Checking for ALSA audio", and
either understand or post the lines until "#####" here. (You need
libasound-devel or similar.)

> so after compiling I got no sound. I tried to force with --disable-ossound and
> --enable-alsa but without results.

configure's output should tell you that you can get no support here if you use
"--enable-alsa" (it will also make configure.log useless).

> 2) How can I install VESA output?

I don't remember atm (you probably need libvbe and vbe.h), but I strongly
suspect you don't want to: The recommended vo's are gl:yuv=2, xv and vdpau for
newer Nvidia cards.

Please fix your line length, Carl Eugen