[MPlayer-users] question about .RMVB

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Nov 26 15:53:54 CET 2009

On Wednesday, 25 November 2009 at 17:29, iwan umar wrote:

> > MPlayer builds and works on Windows, too.
>
> ... yes, Rathann ... MPlayer do works on Windows, I'm a devoted
> user of MPlayer for a long time ....
> however I found problem when running .RMVB video format ....

And that problem is? We need exact description of what's going on
as well as the full output mplayer -v the_problematic_file.rmvb.

Ideally you could upload the file to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
along with a similarly named text file describing the exact problem.

> > ...but if you have even the slightest degree of respect for your own
> > sanity, you will download a finished executable.
>
> ... Phil, ... recently I updated to MPUI latest version 0.6.8 Full Package ...
> it is my first encounter with .RMVB video format, ... it showed nothing,
> just black screen, time indicator 00:00 ...
> ... either a bad video file (have only 1 file, cannot cross-test) ...
> or MPlayer (Windows version) do not support .RMVB yet ?

MPlayer codebase is the same in Windows and Linux. The only differences
are the GUI and some networking code as far as I remember. So support
for various file container formats and codecs is exactly the same in both
Windows and Linux builds.

Regards,
R.

--