[MPlayer-users] question concerning DAR and PAR

Steven Miller stevenraymillerjr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:48:28 CET 2009

You hit the nail on the head. I have to create video to be streamed from a
Darwin streaming server to quicktime clients. I'm only shooting for 'good'
quality as streaming via 'wireless' is another requirement.

I'm still not sure about,
	704x480 (DAR 1.74) scaling to 836x480 on playback. Does this
resizing
	Keep the 1.74 ratio or is it resizing to a resolution that provides
square pixels? Maybe both?

I know I can look up the PAR for common dvd's
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_aspect_ratio" easily enough.

How would I find the PAR for my 704x480 with a DAR of 1.74:1?

Thanks for your help with this. I'm under the gun to get this going. Once I
get el capitan off my back, I'll be able to take the time to learn without
annoying people ;-)

Steve