[MPlayer-users] Crash on a bit unusual MJpeg file

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Nov 19 13:52:58 CET 2009

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:24:27PM +0100, Oliver Seitz wrote:
>>
>> > A gdb backtrace might help. And are those images really supposed to be
>> > 368x80?
>>
>> To be complete: No, the pictures should be 368x68.
>>
>> My first unexperienced glance at the backtrace gets attracted to those
>> zeroes in variables named like frame_time. This makes me think the
>> problem
>> could be the unusual high frame rate, no?
>
> The issue is a completely different one, and related to using the Intel
> JPEG encoder which encodes the images upside-down (normally, not sure
> about your case).
> I had the fix ready and oked, I just forgot to apply it (done now).
> Could you please tell me if it is correct like this or if the video
> plays upside-down?
> If it's not upside-down like this there's still a bug (if you try with
> ffplay, it will play the video flipped horizontally compared to how
> MPlayer plays it).

Great, it plays fine! Thank you.

Orientation is right, neither flipped nor mirrored. But for every frame
there is the message

[mjpeg @ 0x87b2140]Can not flip image with CODEC_FLAG_EMU_EDGE set!

displayed.

I you want to check for yourself: the magnets collapse after the finger
moves upwards at the right edge of the picture. play it slow (like -fps 5)
to see it ;-)

Greets, Kiste