[MPlayer-users] Sound broken.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Nov 18 00:04:14 CET 2009

Helmut Metzdorf <privat <at> h-j-metzdorf.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >
> > Please post complete, uncut output of the failing command. (Make sure it is
> > latest MPlayer svn, we cannot support other versions. If another version is
> > failing for you, please post where ever you get it from.)
> >

> Sorry, but I had to cut it because it exceeded 2MB in size and
> seemingly a lot of it was binary. If you want it anyway I
> will put it on the web if you say so. But here is what I got.
>
> Though I had mplayer's output directed to a file these lines were displayed
> on sreen:
>
> Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
> Can't init input joystick
> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
> libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000002.
> No accelerated IMDCT transform found
> a52: error at resampling
>
> Here what got into the file (I cut out the line between starting and
> ending the
> playback because it blew this file up to more than 2MB):

And it was impossible to leave some lines so we can imagine how the part you cut
away looked like?
Please test the following (always with dvd-device of course):
mplayer dvd://
mplayer dvd:// -ao pcm
mplayer dvd:// -aid 128
mplayer dvd:// -aid 128 -ac -a52,
mplayer dvd:// -af volnorm=1
mplayer dvd:// -aid 128 -channels 2
mplayer dvd:// -aid 128 -channels 2 -ac -a52,

and so on to find which option/feature is broken for you.

Carl Eugen