[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS + H264 (again)

Colin Rosenthal csr at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Nov 13 11:35:16 CET 2009

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giovedì 12 novembre 2009 13:30:19 Colin Rosenthal ha scritto:
>
>> Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> All three problems (and the fourth one, that video was not
>>> decoded correctly), are fixed in latest svn.
>>> Note that only -demuxer lavf and only -ac faad (which is the
>>> default) work correctly, -ac ffaac does not support the audio in
>>> your stream, I do not understand why -demuxer mpegts (which is
>>> the default) does not work for your sample.
>>> You may want to disable demuxer mpegts by adding demuxer=.mpegts,
>>> (note the ",") to your config file.
>>>
>>> Carl Eugen
>>>
>> Yes, the file now plays correctly in mplayer. Thank you!
>>
>> Now for the next step.
>>
>> I would like to be able to extract a single program from the file -
>> with mencoder, if possible.
>> For example we have tried
>>
>> mplayer/mencoder -demuxer lavf -tsprog 2005  -oac pcm -ovc copy -of
>> avi -o out.avi mux2.share.ts
>>
>> This produces a playable avi file, but unfortunately not of the
>> correct program.
>>
>> We also tried with mpeg output, but here mencoder freezes while
>> writing the header:
>>
>> csr at pc295:~/temp$ mplayer/mencoder -demuxer lavf -tsprog 2005  -oac
>> pcm -ovc copy -of mpeg -o out.mpeg mux2.share.ts
>> MEncoder SVN-r29904-4.3.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
>> success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0xb8ea000
>> libavformat file format detected.
>>

> dvbstream -S if and only if you use a cvs checkout.
> run dvbstream -h to see the command line switches
Great! We're nearly there. Now I'm running something like
 >cat mux2.share.ts | dvbstream/dvbstream/dvbstream -stdin -ps
-o:out.mpeg 2061 2071
but the "-ps" option isn't working - I'm still getting a transport
stream out. Here's
the output from running ffmpeg on the output:
Input #0, mpegts, from 'out.mpeg':
  Duration: 00:01:19.53, start: 16667.481133, bitrate: 3898 kb/s
  Program 82
  Program 2000
  Program 2005
    Stream #0.0[0x7ef]: Data: 0x0006
    Stream #0.1[0x80d]: Video: h264, yuv420p, 704x576 [PAR 16:11 DAR
16:9], 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0.2[0x817](dan): Data: 0x0011
    Stream #0.3[0x825](dan): Subtitle: dvbsub
    Stream #0.4[0x826](dan): Subtitle: dvbsub
  Program 2010
  Program 2025
  Program 2030
so it's apparently picking up all the other datastreams associated with
the same program as the actual pids I asked for.

(Btw, sorry if we're drifting off topic for mplayer-users.)

cheers,
Colin