[MPlayer-users] rm codec manually added

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:38:24 CET 2009

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:30:33 +0100
"zabzub" <zabzub at net.hr> wrote:

> 3.this one is sooo annoying - divx subs (croatian) don't support
> croatian only letters but when i play the original DVD everythin is
> fine! (i think this is a mplayer issue, not mpui although i could be
> wrong)

DVD subtitles are graphical (images) so they will display fine
everywhere.

For text-based subtitles, you need to make sure the font you are using
supports the character set.  Last I checked, the Windows version of
MPlayer defaulted to Arial.ttf.  Change that (in mplayer.conf or config)
to some other font that can display Croatian characters.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.