[MPlayer-users] composite input a/v sync issue

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Nov 8 10:27:41 CET 2009

> There are "video stabilizers" that are used to remove some kinds of
> copy-protection from VHS tapes. Some of them claim to refresh the sync
> pulses.

Thinking again about that, I'm starting to doubt that they actually do.
The sync pulses themselves are not that hard to produce, but the burst
signals necessary for the colour subcarrier do require some quite special
analogue circuitry.

It may well be that it's a black burst generator and a time base corrector
what you need to approach the problem on the analogue side. Those machines
are professional video equipment. Try to get them from a studio where they
switch to digital video processing or it will cost you a fortune.

Greets,
Kiste