[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:11:41 CET 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 23:37:09 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> There is something seriously wrong, because this is the console output:
> subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: en
> ID_SID_0_LANG=en
> subtitle ( sid ): 2 language: en
> ID_SID_2_LANG=en
> subtitle ( sid ): 4 language: unknown
> subtitle ( sid ): 6 language: unknown
>
> So here the first 2 are detected as en.
> And there is also no "pt" language, I wonder where that suddenly pops
> out from.
> And according to this -sid 0 and -sid 2 should be english, -sid 4 and
> -sid 6 are for some reason detected as unknown...
> To be honest I really can't imagine I'm on the right track here, and
> I probably should better read up on libdvdnav first, but attached is

	Yes, it must be a libdvdnav issue. I understand you're in a
complicated situation looking into other people's broken code.

> a "fixed" version of the last patch, if we are on the right track it
> might fix -slang.

	Ok, it really fixed the slang issue, BUT as I have the problem
above (subtitles out of order) it shows the english subtitle even if it
selected the corret one (1) pt. So if you can fix the above problem,
this issue will be gone.

	And a small detail: it fixed the -slang issue if I use
dvdnav://8 only. In other words, I lose the benefit of dvdnav
(navigating through menus, looking into extras etc). If I use dvdnav://
the -slang will not work.

> Of course if someone can provide a cut-down rip (i.e. just enough to
> reproduce the issue, 100 MB at most) of such a problematic DVD that
> might speed things up.

	Ok, I uploaded revolutionary_road.iso (~100MB). I hope it's
enough. If it's not, just tell me. Thanks.

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity