[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS + H264 (again)

Colin Rosenthal csr at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Nov 6 13:23:07 CET 2009

Hi,

I realise there have been related threads before but none of the
previous discussions have left me much wiser.

I am responsible for an archive of mpeg-ts files captured from dvb-t. We
would like to be able to extract individual
channels from these with mencoder. In the first instance, being able to
play them in mplayer would help.

The command line we use to invoke mplayer is:

temp/mplayer/mplayer -dvbin file=./.mplayer/channels.conf -demuxer lavf
-tsprog 2005 temp/mux2.ts 1> mplayer.out 2>mplayer.err

I have attached stdout + stderr + channels.conf (from w_scan).

We have the following problems:

i) tsprog is ignored. We get all channels and can tab between them.
ii) there is no sound
iii) One of the channels (the first one found) causes mplayer to freeze
after a couple of seconds playing. If we quickly tab
to another channel, mplayer continues to play.

I can rerun with more verbose output if that would help.

I see some old discussions about adding PMT information to channels.conf
but I admit to being slightly confused:
i) Is our channels.conf even formatted correctly?
ii) Are we talking about adding the program _number_ (ie the argument to
tsprog) or the PID of the PMT stream?
iii) ... but channels.conf already contains the program numbers. e.g. in
DR
Ramasjang:658000:I999B8C23D23M64T8G4Y0:T:27500:2061:0:2031:0:2005:8400:1002:0
2005 is the program number (the PID of the PMT is 2050).

--
Colin Rosenthal