[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Sherington eduardosherington at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:19:45 CET 2009

Sherington <eduardosherington <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I am happy to provide feedback where I can. This is the only thing in mplayer
> that has caused me any problems.
>
> Is it worth me trying to get back to a revision from subversion where I don't
> see this problem? Would that help someone?

Well, I've spent a good few hours this evening building various revisions of
mplayer (this is all done WITHOUT the patch that's been discussed here).

What I know for sure is that the mplayer that ships with Ubuntu 9.10 DOES
exhibit the problem described in this thread.

Ubuntu 9.10 reports: MPlayer UNKNOWN-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

The good news, for me at least, is that at r29814 (which at the time of writing
is almost up-to-date with the trunk) the problem is no longer there for me.

I did this:

$svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk -r 29814
$./configure --enable-gui
$make
$./mplayer
MPlayer SVN-r29814-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

For the record, I use this command to play...

mplayer -slave -quiet -dvd-device /home/dvd/SomeMovie.iso dvd://1

...and it's all working fine again.

I think there must have been some intervening revisions where this didn't work,
but I can't pin that down, and it's moot now anyway.