[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:12:30 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:08:29 +0000 (UTC)
Sherington <eduardosherington at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread.
>
> I just wanted to confirm that this patch fixes my issue also.
>
> I always build mplayer myself from trunk.
>
> I use slave mode in my own application and sub_select 1 to select subtitles at
> the start of the movie. This worked just fine until a recent (not sure how
> recent exactly) update broke it. The OSD would show subtitles being set, but
> they just wouldn't appear until I cycled through them with 'j'.
>
> Even if it's not an 'official' fix and even though it may cause side-effects, I
> need this to work so thanks for posting it.

	Hi, unfortunately this is just a workaround, and as you said,
with side effects. I myself gave up using this... I'm just watching the
main movie using dvd:// instead of dvdnav://.

	It's amazing how there're many talented programmers here who
don't care about this bug. So we, users will have to wait forever... :\

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity