[MPlayer-users] Mencoder with static libraries

Remington Vörtmann voertmann at livn.de
Mon May 25 12:59:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a MinGW system set up with xvid and mp3lame. Now I want to compile a
static mencoder binary which is indepented from xvidcore.dll and mp3lame’s
DLL file. Unfortunately, when I pass the “—enable-static” option to the
configure command, it does not find xvid any longer. When I disable xvid,
and compile with mp3lame support, the mencoder binary crashes when trying to
launch the exe. I get no error message, just “Mencoder is not working any
more”.

Does anyone have any idea, how to make those two libraries statically build
into mencoder?

Maybe I should mention, that mencoder also uses pthreadGC2 but it does not
seem to be dependent on it, as it also runs without the pthreadGC2.dll (or
what its name is) and with “—disable-static”

Thanks in advance!