[MPlayer-users] Question about capturing webcast radio stations

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 21:38:30 CEST 2009

JD pisze:

> Not sure how to use the DAC - my alsamixer does not show any "DAC" control.
> Also, I have no idea what player the broweser is invoking via the
> "javascript:openStreamingPlayer();"
> All I can tell you is it pops another window with some minimal
> volume control, play and pause and stop.
> The browser is Firefox.
> Also, since the stream is controlled by a javascript, you cannot
> paste it's URL into a player. I have not found a way to find the URL
> of such javascript controlled streams. Perhaps that is intentional
> and it is done to prevent the capture of such streams,
> in which case it is probably copyrighted material.
> Any opinions/info on such streams?

Does "view source" on such window reveals any streeam URL?

As for "DAC" in alsamixer: "It was long time ago and it wasn't truth"
;PPPp I've mixed it in previous message.

alsamixer, "View: Capture", "Capture" must be turned ON, "Mix" must be
turned ON and if You have "DAC" here then it must be turned ON also.

Like in this screenshot:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/11/497871/misc/ubuntu/alsamixer-capture-mixer_dac.png

Maybe in place of "DAC" it could be a "Video" switch to capture from
"video player" only, not whole sound card output like with "DAC" switch.
But it's untested.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/