[MPlayer-users] live555 and the svn MPlayer

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:18:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 05:15:39PM +0900, Masaru Nomiya wrote:

> andrew <andrew.david.45 at gmail.com> has written:
>
> > What role does live555 play in the svn MPlayer,
>
> Please have a look at;
>
>   http://www.live555.com/mplayer/
>
> > is it still a necessary part of compilation or no longer necessary?
>
> Have you checked config.mak or configure.log?

I have as usual been less than clear, for which my apologies :-). I
have no problem compiling MPlayer against the live555 libraries but I
am just not entirely sure if it is necessary any more. For example I
am aware that the current MPlayer plays real audio and real media over
rtsp natively:

+-----------------
STREAM: [rtsp] rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio1/live/r1_dsat_g2.ra
STREAM: Description: RTSP streaming
STREAM: Author: Benjamin Zores, Roberto Togni
STREAM: Comment: ported from xine
+---------------

mms over http is also handled natively (http://www.netfm.net/netfm.asx):

+----------------
STREAM: [null] http://win4.fast-serv.com/netfm64
STREAM: Description: mms and mms over http streaming
STREAM: Author: Bertrand, Reimar Doeffinger, Albeu
STREAM: Comment: originally based on work by Majormms (is that code still there?)

So I guess my question is more 'Is MPlayer self-sufficient with
streaming yet or is that a plan for the future?' and specifically what
is the role of the live555 libraries in this?

Regards,

Andrew

--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?