[MPlayer-users] seek forward/backword of x seconds

Tobias Weber towb at gmx.net
Thu May 21 23:16:36 CEST 2009

On 21.03.2009, at 22:13, The Wanderer wrote:

> Specify a different seek time value in ~/.mplayer/input.conf (or
> your OS-specific equivalent). For how to do this, see the man page
> on the '-input' option.

If the manual was sufficient I would not have asked.

There is no seek time or interval mentioned anywhere in it.

Output of "mplayer -input cmdlist" is rather cryptic, but does include
"seek Float [Integer]". An input.conf containing seek=1 or 10 or 100
had absolutely no effect on what happens when I press the right or
left arrow key.