[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync Problems

Steve Dibb beandog at gentoo.org
Thu May 21 00:48:40 CEST 2009

> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 11:27:15 Stefan wrote:
>> RC schrieb:

>> > There is.

>> > You can't.  You need to keep the audio and video together, and
>> > pass it to a tool that can handle it, plus time-stamps.
>>
>> Ok, MPlayer can not do this? Which tools can?
>
> mencoder _does_ keep timestamps, provided that it can read them
> correctly: often it interpolates them.
>
> Dumping the single streams and remuxing them with an external tool is
> the worst thing that you can do; instead you should let mencoder do
> all the muxing. It won't work in some case, but most of the times it
> will.

I'm assuming that by that logic, not splitting the streams and remuxing is
alright (correct me if I'm wrong).  That's how I've always done it, and
it's worked fine.

Besides, for cases where the streamdump has multiple audio channels, I
just tell mkvmerge to only mux the ones I want (mkvmerge -a 1 .. ).

Steve