[MPlayer-users] (no subject)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 20 18:03:29 CEST 2009

Andrew <andrew.david.45 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am not a developer of MPlayer but I wrote that Jaunty Jackalope guide

A few comments:
You should explain that x264 compilation is only needed for encoding and thus
often unnecessary, and that live is totally optional. (OTOH I would add
instructions for how to install the c++ compiler for live-compilation: as a
non-ubuntu user I had problems with that last week.)
The binary codecs are nearly obsolete these days: They are only needed for
wmapro - you could consider adding instructions on how to compile wmapro from
soc.
And --codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs should not be necessary.

Carl Eugen