[MPlayer-users] Solaris 10: /bin/sh != /bin/bash, and more

Thomas Maier-Komor thomas at maier-komor.de
Tue May 19 10:47:08 CEST 2009

Mike Castle schrieb:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Thomas Maier-Komor
> <thomas at maier-komor.de> wrote:
>> There is one issue that keeps reoccurring (with other free software,
>> too). As development is mostly done on systems where /bin/sh is a link
>> to /bin/bash most developers don't realize the subtle differences
>> between /bin/sh and /bin/bash. In consequence .sh scripts that have a
>> #!/bin/sh as a headline fail on systems where /bin/sh is the old bourne
>> shell and not a bash.
>
> All of this was discussed on this list in the last 2-3 weeks.
>
> See the month cross thread starting with:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-April/076646.html
> and continuing with:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-May/076650.html
>
> Every point your brought up in your email was discussed in that thread.

Hi Mike,

I only did a quick search in the archives with the keyword 'Solaris'. If
I had searched for SunOS, I'd have found those articles... So, sorry for
the noise.

During compilation another issue came up that hasn't been reported. The
XVR100 configuration setting in config.h is currently being omitted,
resulting in a linker error (video_out_xvr100 symbol is missing).

Cheers,
Thomas